Yes, there is!
In this guide, I’ll be showing you how to set up and use your Firestick device to the max, turning your smart TV into one of the best streaming / media players ever! There are a few grey areas to look into, for instance geo-restrictions and online surveillance, and other issues that only the best security and streaming software can bypass. One such tool is a Virtual Private Network that when paired with your Firestick, opens many more horizons of entertainment.
Just in case you don’t quite know how to use it, I’ll be highlighting a simple tutorial showing you not one, but two ways for you to set up your VPN with Firestick. The methods mentioned below, work with Firestick TV, Firestick 4K, and Fire TV Cube. It doesn’t support 1st generation Firestick, since not many nor all VPN apps support it.
Let’s get started?
How to Set Up a VPN on Firestick
There are two ways for you to set up a good VPN for your Firestick, using either the Amazon Store or the APK file method. The latter is for all those who can’t find a particular VPN app on the Amazon Store. Let us first start with:
VPN App from Amazon Store
- first, you need to subscribe to the vpn service you found that suits the best to your needs.
- once you’ve subscribed, launch your firestick device, and sign in to your amazon account. it would help if your internet connection is good. however, after you connect to the vpn, your connection will be much more stable than before.
- Now, head to the home page on your Firestick and in the search, type in the VPN you need.
- Once you’ve found the app, click on it.
- Downloadand install the VPN app on your Firestick device.
- Once installed, start up the VPN app and follow any onscreen instructions carefully, if they arise.
- Lastly, sign into your VPN account, using the same email and password you signed up with for your subscription.
- Connectto the best server depending on what you require, and that’s about it!
Using the VPN APK File Method
- Sign up for the VPN service for Firestick, by creating your account and then head to your home screen.
- Now instead of the VPN app, you’ll be looking for the “Downloader” app on your Fire TV. It’ll help you sideload any third-party apps, and in this case the APK file of the VPN you choose.
- When you find the “Downloader” app, click on it to start the download.
- Once that’s done, launch the “Downloader app.”
- You’ll see a URL section, type in your VPN services’ APK linkin the field.
- Start downloadingthe file and then click on
- If you’re not able to find the VPN APK file you just downloaded, simply go to your Settings, and then click on “Applications”.
- Click on “manageInstalled Applications”, and look for the VPN app.
- Launchthe VPN app and sign in to your account.
- Lastly, connect to the best server depending on where you’re located or choose one according to your activity.
- That’s all! You now have your VPN for Firestick!